Theatre of the Middle Ages
The Dark Ages
1. The Middle Ages was a period from the 5th to 16th centuries. The Renaissance was the period between the 14th and the 16th centuries.
2. The printing press was used in the Renaissance Age whereas parchment was used in the Middle Ages.
3. The Renaissance Age portrayed humanism in art while Gothic art was prevalent in the Middle Ages.
4. Local English language was used in the literature of the Renaissance Age whereas Greek and Latin were used in the Middle Ages.
5. The Church had a greater role in peoples’ lives in the Middle Ages than in the Renaissance Age.
Proudly powered by